Archived Projects - I have a high interest in the Wiseman project

michaelsteven@...

I am posting here because of the instructions on the "other migrated projects" page stating to do so if there is an interest in an archived project.

I would like to have the wiseman project hosted on github where the source can be made available once again.  While there had not been much activity, there are still several projects with code that use the code. I have a local copy of the project that I am considering placing out there since it has an apache2 license, but that may not be the best approach for everyone. I feel it would be best for the code to have an official home.

In addition as a second ask. I would also like to see the wiseman jar uploaded to Maven Central.  The Maven Central policy for "third party jars" which may or may not apply here, is that attempts should first be made to contact the namespace owner and have them upload under their namespace.  If having an official jar is not of of any interest, I can still seek to put an unofficial jar under my namespace.

My motivation is that I am involved with a couple of open source projects that have legacy code using wiseman and would like a better experience for someone building those projects.  If you are a decision maker on this, please reach out to me so we can work together to get this project out there in a single location and the jar published.   Thank You.

David Delabassee

Michael,

We will evaluate your request once the migration of 'core' projects will be entirely done.

It is anyway interresting to see that project such as Wiseman still have some traction.

--David

Guillermo González de Agüero

Hi David,

I imagine this also applies to my request to recover the Java EE tutorial sources, no?

Regards,