GlassFish-5.0-b09 is promoted and available for download

Arindam Bandyopadhyay

Edited

The latest GlassFish 5.0 promotion i.e glassfish-5.0-b09 is promoted and available for download. It can be downloaded from the following location

Following important changes are included in this build

Component updates

  • javax.servlet-api 4.0.0-b07
  • JAX-RS 2.1-m09
  • Jersey 2.26-b06
  • Yasson 1.0.0-RC2
  • Mojarra 2.3.1
  • javax.faces-api 2.3
  • Soteria 1.0-b07

Bugs Fixed

  • #21812 Failures in Security Devtests
  • #21447 java:app & java:module namespaces temporarily disappear when SAM invoked
  • #21815 Incorrect URL for openDS download in security devtest
  • #21780 Merge additional Server Push Tests
  • #21243 Glassfish ignores variables in asenv.conf that begin with the letter "S"
  • #21822 Restructure GlassFish source code
  • #13935 Connector: disable Processing button
  • #21840 The “Enabled” status check box is not saved in “New Admin Object Resource”
  • #18330 Unhelpful INFO log messages
  • #20812 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException when configurate the connector security map
  • #21760 A local packaged file is deleted when deploying from the web console

Please do try out the bits and share your experience with us.

Thanks,

Arindam

David Delabassee

Please note that we had to temporary revert the CDI 2 integration.
This build is using, for now, Weld 2.2.13.Final (CDI 1.2).
For CDI 2 work, you might want to track https://github.com/javaee/glassfish/tree/weld-integration.

--David

jefrajames@...

I'ma bit surprised (and disappointed) to see CDI 2.0 reverted for this promoted version. I've started testing it without observing any issue so far ... Can you share the reason behind this?

David Delabassee

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:24 pm, <jefrajames@...> wrote:
Can you share the reason behind this?
It's just a more pragmatic approach as it is sometime difficult to integrate multiple RIs at the same time.
In addition, there's an additional small latency when something need to be fixed in a RI (e.g. Weld) that is not managed by Oracle.

--David