Is there a way to find out which application in glassfish is creating more file descriptors ?

suresh.amoghavarsha@wipro.com

Hi All

We are using glassfish 3.1.2.2 (build 5) to deploy 7 or 8 applications. In one such deployment we are seeing high number of file descriptors for glassfish. This number is between 5k to 10k. Once the file descriptor count reaches this count, the count will not come down. To see what exactly these file descriptors are pointing to, we took pfiles output of glassfish pid. What we saw are many number of extent files in glassfish transaction directory. i.e /opt/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server/tx/.

Now, we know about default value of keypoint-interval being 65536 [ This should have been 2048 ] in glassfish 3 and its effect on number of extent files.

What we want to know is :

Can we enable some sort of logging in glassfish and find out who is creating more number of transactions and indirectly these extent files ?

Happens Intermittently.

Environment Details

  • GlassFish Version (and build number): GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2.2 (build 5)
  • JDK version:

java version "1.7.0_51"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

  • OS: Oracle Solaris 11.3 X86
  • Database: NA

Regards

Suresh Amoghavarsha