Topics

Stable version recommendation

hv@...

Hello,

probably a stupid question, but would you kindly explain your release strategy? Are the `-bxx` versions intended for "beta" testing only, or are they stable versions ready for production use? I've been using 2.4.0 for a long time now, waiting for the next stable release. Much appreciated!

Cheers, Henning

jwells131313@...

The -bxx releases go through the same amount of testing as do the non -bxx versions.  They should be considered to be stable.

We normally only have a non -bxx release when there will be some major non-backwards compatible API change or if we need to possibly keep a branch stable for a JDK version.

That being said it *has* been a long time since a non -bxx release so it may be time to do it just to checkpoint a more permanent branch.

I'll discuss it with the team today.