Re: Restore write access for all EG members?

Arjan Tijms

Will,

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 3:11 AM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
I plan to keep the spec and api repos locked down until we're done.

I don't think this is wise. We still have a sizeable body of work to do.

JSR 372 (JSF) and JSR 375 flourished because the spec leads did exactly the opposite: give the EG or at least some members write access. That way the JSR could continue in both presence and absence of the spec leads.

I dare to say that both JSRs would not exist anymore at this point if it hadn't been for that single decision.

We'll probably need to establish change control for the soteria repo, too, in the not-too-distant future.

The Soteria repo is already under version control, as are the spec and api repos. Since its version control anything can be reverted anyway.

I strongly believe you should trust selected members of the EG (who have proved to commit well) for not doing any rash commits that haven't been discussed and for which there has not been any consensus.

I noticed that the PRD has been published (thanks for that!), but that write access has not been restored for the Java EE Security API and spec repos.

Would be great if that access can be restored before long ;)