Re: Restore write access for all EG members?

Will Hopkins

The names of the JSR-375 repos under the javaee organization will be:

github.com/javaee/security-api
github.com/javaee/security-soteria
github.com/javaee/security-spec

Will

On 06/01/2017 01:56 AM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@...> wrote:
One comment regarding transfer of the repos to the JavaEE organization. Keep in mind that GitHub does not currently support sub-organizations, so all our repos will be spread out there.

That's unfortunate indeed. A very good hyphen naming scheme could somewhat alleviate that, but it's still not as nice as a real sub-org. E.g.

(api-api looks a bit weird here)

For MVC we have chosen to only have the spec (doc+api) in the Java EE organization as a read-only mirror. All work is done in the mvc-spec GitHub organization where we have the spec, ri and tck as well as proposals and samples all gathered together.

Something to think about for sure.

Thanks!

Ivar

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:13 AM Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher@...> wrote:
Does this mean we no longer can help by writing code?

At this moment the repo for Soteria contains code which no longer compiles, so that means that I need to improvise for my presentation which I need to give at JDK.IO in about 2 weeks.

I started also to create issues for the bugs I have discovered, so at least there is a trace of the work which needs to be done before we can go final.

Rudy

On 31 May 2017 at 23:54, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
See https://javaee.groups.io/g/jsonp-spec/topic/attention_to_experts/5073771?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,5073771
Dmitry also described how EG members can join the organization and gain write access if they need to.
I did to help the transition of the project site to the new URL under gh-pages.

Java Champion, JCP EC/EG Member, JUG Leader