Re: Welcome to the new JSR-375 mailing list

Arjan Tijms

Hi Will,

Good to hear from you again, it has been a tad quiet at the list since the last EG call.

What are roughly speaking the API changes that still need to be done?

From the top of my head I think there's still one occurrence of getGroups returning a list. Spec wise we still need to say that the identity store getGroups method is subject to a Java SE security manager restriction.

After last call I applied a couple of other things as discussed during that call, such as the renaming and the check  in the handler that we overlooked previously.

One final thing that we should still spec is the 1:1 role mapping. We can either do this via a new element in web.xml, an annotation, both, or even something implicit (say spec text like: "If a JSR 375 authentication mechanism is configured, and not group to role mapping is not explicitly configured in a container specific way, the container *MUST* default to 1:1 group to role mapping")

Wdyt?

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
JSR-375 Experts and Users:

This list replaces the mailing lists previously hosted at java.net. There are no longer separate "experts" and "users" lists; this single list will be used for both purposes (which is a good simplification, since the old experts list was always forwarded to the users list anyway, creating lots of extra copies of emails). The java.net "issues" and "commits" lists will not be replicated here, but there are other mechanisms available to be notified of changes to the github source repos or issues lists.

I have been working on updating the spec for publication of the Public Review Draft. It's not quite done, but I plan to send an email later today detailing the major changes from the EDR and corresponding changes I expect to make to the API code.