Re: Moving to Java EE Github?

Will Hopkins

Either way, I think your assistance would be helpful.

Do you happen to know whether the "move" capability in GitHub, which allows a repo to be transferred from one organization to another will work? That would probably be the safest way to move while preserving issues and all the history. For the "security-spec" repo, the java.net issues have been migrated to security-spec under the javaee organization already, so for that repo we might need to use clone, but I'd want someone more experienced with git to verify the correct procedure to preserve all the commit history, branches, labels, etc.

Thanks,

Will

On 07/03/2017 04:24 PM, Will Hopkins wrote:
What do you think about moving it after the PFD is published?

On 07/03/2017 05:08 AM, Werner Keil wrote:
Hi,

At least before Proposed Final Draft I was wondering, if a move to the official GitHub organization for Java EE https://github.com/javaee was planned any time soon?
If it isn't done now, then most likely all documents including the Spec etc. will have to refer to the existing GitHub organization and that needs to remain until e.g. a new Security JSR (follow up to 375) arises at some later point.

Moving it after it went Final would be confusing. So let's either try to do this now, or stay there till another JSR comes up for Security under Java EE 9 or later.

I assisted most of this transition for JSR 374 (JSON-P) so happy to help if given the right credentials and ability. I'm sure, others like Rudy or Arjan are equally happy to to help if Will and his colleagues at Oracle are busy with other duties or things only they can do at the moment (like writing the TCK;-)

Kind Regards,