Re: Moving to Java EE Github?

Will Hopkins

I think I'm about ready to migrate the repos to the javaee organization.

If anyone has work in flight that will be disrupted, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll plan to do the migration sometime tomorrow (Wednesday, 7/19).

The plan is to migrate as follows:
  • security-spec -> javaee/security-spec
    • issues are already there (migrated from java.net)
    • migrate the source only, using git clone
    • recreate releases based on migrated tags at the destination
    • will lose pull-request history, but should preserve everything else we need.
git clone --bare $GITHUB_URL_OLD_REPO
cd <repo-name>.git
git push --mirror $GITHUB_URL_NEW_REPO
  • security-api -> javaee/security-api
    • use github "transfer" function to migrate entire repo
  • soteria -> javaee/security-ri-soteria
    • use github "transfer function to migrateĀ  entire repo
    • rename repo when transfer completes

I'll make a full (bare) clone of each repo before transferring it.

Seem like a reasonable plan?

Will

On 07/11/2017 02:21 PM, Werner Keil wrote:
Ok, let us know, if you need any help by those who have the necessary rights.