To address some of the concerns that were raised by Will, I could make the following changes:
* Rename the method to hasCallerAccessToWebResource
* Rename the method's argument from "resource" to "urlPattern"
* Remove the overloaded method that defaults to GET, specify that if no parameters are provided for "methods" that GET is assumed. (addressing the "many methods concern somewhat)
* Clarify that all containers in Java EE are allowed to call the method
* Clarify that is the caller is not authenticated at all, and the resource is non-public a false is returned
* Clarify that Section 11.2 of the Servlet spec is meant, instead of just "the servlet spec"