Re: LDAP Annotation and Database Hashing Proposal

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
>The one in the annotation is basically the base version of that. The
>producer could be dependent scoped indeed.

Not sure I follow what you mean.

Sorry, I meant the data that directly comes from the annotation instance and is converted into a Map here:

(ps, that's also an example showing the static import of unmodifiableMap)

I think the value of having it dependent scoped is that there could be more than one instance, each configured with different parameters. For any given instance, the parameters would never change, but if you had multiple identity stores, each one could have an instance of the algorithm that was configured differently, even if they all used the same algorithm. If it was application scoped, then every identity store in the app that wanted to use the same algorithm would have to use the same instance, and therefore the same parameters.

For the injection it would need an extra qualifier to get the right version of the parameters, which is indeed one of the extra complications. Since qualifier annotation attribute values can be binding, these qualifiers can be created more or less dynamically. I think it should be doable, but it's not super trivial.