Re: What's our Acronym?

Werner Keil

Whether "Java EE" or simply "EE" I assume, Bill and others have a strict opinion on that, but your point is, that sometimes acronyms get so long and bulky, it's easier to just use the entire term.

"Servlet API" or "Servlets" are never really abbreviated. And we also use "Java Money API" or just "JavaMoney" (including the domain registered for the project) for JSR 354, not "JMoney" (which matches at least one money-related Open Source project) or "JavaMon" (which sounds like "Monitoring" not Money" ;-)
So either "Java Security", "Java EE Security" or (if allowed) simply "EE Security" all sound good to me.