Final Approval Ballot passes! :)

Arjan Tijms

Hi all,

Today we passed our Final Approval Ballot:

https://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=6044

The result is an unanimous yes, with only Intel not having voted.

Thanks to everybody involved :) Without all of your help this would not have been possible!

As mentioned before, the JSR is *much* smaller than what we initially set out for, but it's an enormous step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Being so small may have its advantages even, as instead of getting an enormous framework dropped into their laps, users can now more gradually discover Java EE security.

The spec document can be found here, extra thanks to Will for taking care of that part so much:

http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/jcp/java_ee_security-1_0-pfd-spec/index.html

For now there's a few tiny bugs left in the implementation (Soteria), but nothing preventing a 1.0 release. Of course, as happens for each and every RI out there, incremental updates (Soteria 1.0.1, 1.1 etc) should be released with some frequency to address whatever is going to be found and raised by the community.