Re: Doubts about xml files within WEB-INF

Daniel Dias

Hello Rudy

Got it. That explanation helped me a lot.

Particularly, I found Soteria pretty cool, it greatly simplified the security part in Java EE and the best thing is that the settings are made by annotations, this greatly reduces the settings when done by programmatically.

Thank you so much.
{ },s.

--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

Hi Daniel,

The reason these XML files are there is to be able to run Soteria on the Java EE 7 servers.

They will not be needed on Java EE 8.

They activate JASPIC which is needed for Soteria.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for having a look at Soteria.
Best regards
Rudy

On 26 May 2017 at 02:57, Daniel Dias <daniel.dias.analistati@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone !

My name is Daniel and I'm from Brazil.

I started my experiment in the new API shortly and I have a question regarding the xml's that are in the folder WEB-INF like the:

Glassfish-web.xml, ibm-application-bnd.xml, and jboss-web.xml

What is the need to use them?

Is it mandatory for the API to work?

Sorry to raise this question, and you can not find an article explaining the same.

Thank you.