Topics

Remove Liberty Support from Soteria Testing for Eclipse Move

Will Hopkins

Thanks, all.

On 02/21/2018 02:44 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi,

It's an easy change to swap the test dependency from Closed- to Open Liberty. I incidentally just did the same the other day here: 

https://github.com/javaee-samples/microprofile1.2-samples/commit/a0abc87826f465e5a03202b175dd0afbbf13b790

But as removing is always easier I'd say go for it.

Kind regards,
Arjan

-- 
Will Hopkins | WebLogic Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Developer Experience
35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

Arjan Tijms

Hi,

It's an easy change to swap the test dependency from Closed- to Open Liberty. I incidentally just did the same the other day here: 

https://github.com/javaee-samples/microprofile1.2-samples/commit/a0abc87826f465e5a03202b175dd0afbbf13b790

But as removing is always easier I'd say go for it.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Guillermo González de Agüero

Seems reasonable!

El mié., 21 feb. 2018 20:10, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> escribió:
Hi All,

The Soteria project depends (for testing purposes) on IBM's commercial version of Liberty. This is a problem for the Eclipse migration, as Eclipse won't accept contributions not governed by an open source license.

Oracle proposes to simply remove this dependency, to expedite the migration, on the theory that testing based on OpenLiberty can be added back, if needed, once the project is moved over to Eclipse.

Any objections?

Thanks,

Will
-- 

Will Hopkins

Hi All,

The Soteria project depends (for testing purposes) on IBM's commercial version of Liberty. This is a problem for the Eclipse migration, as Eclipse won't accept contributions not governed by an open source license.

Oracle proposes to simply remove this dependency, to expedite the migration, on the theory that testing based on OpenLiberty can be added back, if needed, once the project is moved over to Eclipse.

Any objections?

Thanks,

Will
--