Topics

Remove Liberty Support from Soteria Testing for Eclipse Move

Will Hopkins

Thanks, all.

It's an easy change to swap the test dependency from Closed- to Open Liberty. I incidentally just did the same the other day here:

https://github.com/javaee-samples/microprofile1.2-samples/commit/a0abc87826f465e5a03202b175dd0afbbf13b790

But as removing is always easier I'd say go for it.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Oracle Developer Experience

It's an easy change to swap the test dependency from Closed- to Open Liberty. I incidentally just did the same the other day here:

https://github.com/javaee-samples/microprofile1.2-samples/commit/a0abc87826f465e5a03202b175dd0afbbf13b790

But as removing is always easier I'd say go for it.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Guillermo González de Agüero

Seems reasonable!

El mié., 21 feb. 2018 20:10, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> escribió:
Hi All,

The Soteria project depends (for testing purposes) on IBM's commercial version of Liberty. This is a problem for the Eclipse migration, as Eclipse won't accept contributions not governed by an open source license.

Oracle proposes to simply remove this dependency, to expedite the migration, on the theory that testing based on OpenLiberty can be added back, if needed, once the project is moved over to Eclipse.

Any objections?

Thanks,

Oracle Developer Experience

Hi All,

The Soteria project depends (for testing purposes) on IBM's commercial version of Liberty. This is a problem for the Eclipse migration, as Eclipse won't accept contributions not governed by an open source license.

Oracle proposes to simply remove this dependency, to expedite the migration, on the theory that testing based on OpenLiberty can be added back, if needed, once the project is moved over to Eclipse.

Any objections?

Thanks,

Oracle Developer Experience
35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803