Topics

Access to TCK

Will Hopkins

Sounds good. I'll start the process to get you access (which from what I understand may take a little while).

Meanwhile, I'll look to have the assertions file checked in to the security-spec repo.

On 06/06/2017 07:45 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I'm participating on behalf of my own in JSR 375 and I'm personally not a Java EE licensee, so please request access for me when it's in a reasonably complete state for me to verify. A static copy is absolute fine, thanks!

The test assertions would be really great to have as well. This week I planned to add some additional tests to the RI first, so I think it would be best to make the test assertions available after I finished that body of work.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
Arjan,

There is an existing process for giving an EG member access to a TCK, for purposes of determining whether it provides adequate coverage. The process varies depending on whether you (or your employer) is a Java EE licensee or not. If you are (and I'm assuming Payara would be), the process is for you to request access through your contact in Java Licensee Engineering (JLE). If you're not, then I can request access for you and make it available. Not sure yet what form that would take.

Note, though, that the TCK is probably only useful for purposes of validation when it's relatively complete, which it's not yet. It might make more sense to wait until it's more complete before requesting it. I'm assuming what you'd get through this process is a static copy, rather than access to a repo.

I believe I can make the TCK test assertions available without all of this process (it can be thought of as part of the spec), so that might be one way to get an early start on evaluating the TCK.

Would any or all of that meet the requirement?

Regards,

Will

On 06/01/2017 05:46 PM, Will Hopkins wrote:
I'm not sure how that could/would work, but I'll ask.

On 06/01/2017 05:26 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if the TCK work for JSR 375 has already started, but since the JSR states it's closed source, I would like to request access to this TCK, so I can validate that it's sufficiently correct and complete.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 
Will Hopkins | WebLogic Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Application Development
35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

-- 

-- 

Arjan Tijms

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I'm participating on behalf of my own in JSR 375 and I'm personally not a Java EE licensee, so please request access for me when it's in a reasonably complete state for me to verify. A static copy is absolute fine, thanks!

The test assertions would be really great to have as well. This week I planned to add some additional tests to the RI first, so I think it would be best to make the test assertions available after I finished that body of work.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
Arjan,

There is an existing process for giving an EG member access to a TCK, for purposes of determining whether it provides adequate coverage. The process varies depending on whether you (or your employer) is a Java EE licensee or not. If you are (and I'm assuming Payara would be), the process is for you to request access through your contact in Java Licensee Engineering (JLE). If you're not, then I can request access for you and make it available. Not sure yet what form that would take.

Note, though, that the TCK is probably only useful for purposes of validation when it's relatively complete, which it's not yet. It might make more sense to wait until it's more complete before requesting it. I'm assuming what you'd get through this process is a static copy, rather than access to a repo.

I believe I can make the TCK test assertions available without all of this process (it can be thought of as part of the spec), so that might be one way to get an early start on evaluating the TCK.

Regards,

Will

Hi,

I don't know if the TCK work for JSR 375 has already started, but since the JSR states it's closed source, I would like to request access to this TCK, so I can validate that it's sufficiently correct and complete.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 

-- 

Will Hopkins

Arjan,

Regards,

Will

Hi,

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 

-- 

Werner Keil

Not at the moment. 
I know from other JSRs like ME 8 that even EG Members per se do not have access to the TCK. If anybody in this EG is also an EC Member (actually quite a lot including Oracle, Tomitribe, Ivar or myself) you are supposed to get the TCK as we have to vote on the JSR.

JCP.next aims to regulate that so at least EG Members or e.g. those who signed the OCA or a similar agreement may also see and in some cases maybe even contribute to the TCK. It still won't be Open Source but developed more transparently and collaborative.

Regards,
Werner

Guillermo González de Agüero

Hi,

I imagine Oracle policies don't allow to open source the TCK, no?

Regards,

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:

Hi,

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 

Will Hopkins

Hi,

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 

Arjan Tijms

Hi,

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms