Topics

JSR-375 Session at JavaOne

Werner Keil

Guess I'm good with fewer JavaOne talks now anyway, because M2M Summit approved my talk right after JavaOne in Germany.
And after it was at Messe Düsseldorf a few years, this time it gets co-located with StartupCon in LANXSS Arena Cologne: http://www.lanxess-arena.de/events/eventkalender.html
After Metallica gave 2 concerts there and Helene Fischer 6 right before M2M Summit.
So a real Rock Star venue, the kind of place Adam might usually talk at ;-)

I did sessions on this topic (Quantified Social) from Social Media Weeks (also big events with Thousands of attendees total) to JavaLand, but I guess I'll try to brush it up a bit.
And hopefully I could use Agorava 1.0 underneath the hood of Quantifier, then the audience should also see a bit of JSR 375 in action (Agorava 1.0 is meant to use Java EE 8 and Soteria)

Could be a nice opportunity to make Dozens or even Hundreds of aspiring Startup founders aware of Java Security and EE 8...

And btw. there is at least one or the other Java EE 8 proposal to JVM-Con in late November, but nothing on JSR 375. I can't say how many slots the "Security" topic would get, but so far there's been only one proposal for the "Java Security" keyword.

Especially those who are not far from Cologne, give it a try,

No worries. As it looks like one or the other session (like this one;-) does flock in being approved a little later, it could be one on JSON (JSON-P 1.1 and JSON-B 1.0 combined, like Dimitry and I did in Sofia) also gets approved. And I told Dmitry, if he met a similar fate I could also help out (like I did for JSR 374 last year)
At least for JNoSQL Otavio had me as co-speaker, so I was already proposed for up to 3 sessions, should at least one get a late approval, I may have something to do. And similar to Ivar, I am also supposed to be there for the EC meeting.

Hi Werner,

Yes, it's been approved.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd actually like to keep this as a single-speaker talk -- it wasn't pitched as a panel or BOF, and I believe the session is only 45 minutes.

Will

On 08/10/2017 11:01 AM, Werner Keil wrote:
All,

Thanks for letting us know. Has the session as such been approved?

Like Ivar I do not necessarily need to have a talk, but since I gave several JSR-375 presentations at CodeMotion, Java2Days or the upcoming JCON in Germany, and having done a joint talk with Ivar at DWX lately, I'd be happy to participate in that as well.

All,

Thanks for letting us know. Has the session as such been approved?

Like Ivar I do not necessarily need to have a talk, but since I gave several JSR-375 presentations at CodeMotion, Java2Days or the upcoming JCON in Germany, and having done a joint talk with Ivar at DWX lately, I'd be happy to participate in that as well.

All:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend JavaOne in October, so can't present the session that I'd planned.

Fortunately, Ivar Grimstad will be attending, and has agreed to present the session in my place.

I'm disappointed that I can't attend, but I know Ivar will represent JSR-375 very capably. Thanks, Ivar!