Topics

EC Vote and Proposed Final Draft submitted to JCP

Will Hopkins

A couple of announcements:
  • The Public Review Ballot passed, with 21 yes votes, 1 no vote, and 3 who didn't vote at all. The no vote was from JetBrains; I have reached out to them to ensure I understand their concerns, and to let them know that at least some of their concerns have already been addressed.
  • I've also released a PFD version of the spec and API, tagged 1.0-b06 in GitHub, and submitted it to the JCP. I would have liked more time for the EG to review, but I'm on a tight schedule. I'm aware of at least one error in the spec, so we may need to publish an update.
With that in mind, I would encourage everyone to read the updated spec/javadoc (attached/linked to this email) and comment, using the subject, "Proposed Final Draft Comments from <name>", but please limit comments to issues that represent significant errors, omissions, or limitations that affect the API's usability -- adding new functionality is not an option at this point! ;)
Thanks for everyone's help in resolving the last few technical issues. I plan to spend this week working on migrating the repos into the Java EE organization and cleaning up JIRAs.

Will
-- 
Will Hopkins | WebLogic Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Application Development
35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

Will Hopkins

With the spec attached, this time, and javadoc linked: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bq7n8sz25eyfcb/jsr375-javadoc-1.0-b07-pfd.zip?dl=0.

On 07/11/2017 02:30 PM, Will Hopkins wrote:
  • The Public Review Ballot passed, with 21 yes votes, 1 no vote, and 3 who didn't vote at all. The no vote was from JetBrains; I have reached out to them to ensure I understand their concerns, and to let them know that at least some of their concerns have already been addressed.
  • I've also released a PFD version of the spec and API, tagged 1.0-b06 in GitHub, and submitted it to the JCP. I would have liked more time for the EG to review, but I'm on a tight schedule. I'm aware of at least one error in the spec, so we may need to publish an update.
With that in mind, I would encourage everyone to read the updated spec/javadoc (attached/linked to this email) and comment, using the subject, "Proposed Final Draft Comments from <name>", but please limit comments to issues that represent significant errors, omissions, or limitations that affect the API's usability -- adding new functionality is not an option at this point! ;)
Thanks for everyone's help in resolving the last few technical issues. I plan to spend this week working on migrating the repos into the Java EE organization and cleaning up JIRAs.

Will
-- 

-- 

Guillermo González de Agüero

Great news Will and thanks to everyone involved on this. There's only one step left!

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El mar., 11 de julio de 2017 20:30, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> escribió:

Will
--