Topics

EC Vote and Proposed Final Draft submitted to JCP

Will Hopkins

A couple of announcements:
  • The Public Review Ballot passed, with 21 yes votes, 1 no vote, and 3 who didn't vote at all. The no vote was from JetBrains; I have reached out to them to ensure I understand their concerns, and to let them know that at least some of their concerns have already been addressed.
  • I've also released a PFD version of the spec and API, tagged 1.0-b06 in GitHub, and submitted it to the JCP. I would have liked more time for the EG to review, but I'm on a tight schedule. I'm aware of at least one error in the spec, so we may need to publish an update.
With that in mind, I would encourage everyone to read the updated spec/javadoc (attached/linked to this email) and comment, using the subject, "Proposed Final Draft Comments from <name>", but please limit comments to issues that represent significant errors, omissions, or limitations that affect the API's usability -- adding new functionality is not an option at this point! ;)
Thanks for everyone's help in resolving the last few technical issues. I plan to spend this week working on migrating the repos into the Java EE organization and cleaning up JIRAs.

With the spec attached, this time, and javadoc linked: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bq7n8sz25eyfcb/jsr375-javadoc-1.0-b07-pfd.zip?dl=0.

On 07/11/2017 02:30 PM, Will Hopkins wrote:
[...]

Great news Will and thanks to everyone involved on this. There's only one step left!