Topics

Feature Freeze and EE 8

Will Hopkins

Hi Werner,

Linda and I sync'd up on that and I believe the two specs are consistent, although the EE 8 spec obviously doesn't go into as much detail and doesn't list every API.

Thanks,

Will

On 07/11/2017 08:31 AM, Werner Keil wrote:
Will,

I had a look at the PFD of Java EE 8 where Security is also referred, to, e.g. EE.3.3.4.2
  • isCallerInRole (SecurityContext)
  • getCallerPrincipal(SecurityContext)
  • isCallerInRole (EJBContext)
  • getCallerPrincipal (EJBContext)
  • isUserInRole (HttpServletRequest)
  • getUserPrincipal (HttpServletRequest)
So whatever changes we still come up with, once the EE 8 umbrella goes final, the API for 1.0 should also be considered feature frozen.
Luckily there's no direct reference to anything other than the JCP detail page, so moving within GitHub seems OK even after EE 8 went Final.