Topics

JCP Award 2017

Werner Keil

Dear All,

The JCP page has not been updated yet, but JSR 375 won the JCP Award for Most Significant JSR as announced at the JCP Party last night:
https://jcp.org/en/press/news/awards/2017award_nominees

Ivar who also talks about it today took it on behalf of the EG.

Will should get it, also a little reward for not being able to take it in person and join us this year ;-)

Congratulations everyone, especially Arjan who contributed so much. I trust you'll also be nominated in other categories. Otavio won in the member category this year, after having done so in other categories like Adopt-a-JSR earlier.

Glad this JSR won the award, it might give it a bit more recognition and awareness on conferences other than JavaOne.

Kind Regards,

This is super good news! The JSR also seems to be appreciated by reviewers/bloggers from IBM, jaxenter, tss, and more, so even though we maybe only got half in of what we wanted it's still very well received it seems :)

I haven't interacted with Otavio much, but from what I've seen he's an amazing JCP member so no shame in "losing" from such an outstanding participant ;)

Thanks again to everyone who helped JSR 375 to where it is today :)

Congratulations everyone and thanks Werner for letting us know!

El mar., 3 de octubre de 2017 17:03, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> escribió:
Dear All,

The JCP page has not been updated yet, but JSR 375 won the JCP Award for Most Significant JSR as announced at the JCP Party last night:
https://jcp.org/en/press/news/awards/2017award_nominees

Ivar who also talks about it today took it on behalf of the EG.

Will should get it, also a little reward for not being able to take it in person and join us this year ;-)

Congratulations everyone, especially Arjan who contributed so much. I trust you'll also be nominated in other categories. Otavio won in the member category this year, after having done so in other categories like Adopt-a-JSR earlier.

Glad this JSR won the award, it might give it a bit more recognition and awareness on conferences other than JavaOne.

Kind Regards,

This is awesome! Great to have this kind of recognition for the JSR. Disappointed I couldn't receive it in person, but I've no doubt Ivar represented us ably.

On 10/03/2017 01:34 PM, Guillermo González de Agüero wrote:
[...]

Oracle Developer Experience
35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803