Topics

Missing description of @LoginToContinue interceptor in spec

Rudy De Busscher

Hi,

I was looking for the @LoginToContinue annotation info within the spec.

I see that it is only mentioning that the 2 Form definition annotations need such a member.

But there is no description of the functionality theĀ @LoginToContinue interceptor should perform. And that is one of the larger classes within Soteria.

So I guess we need a description of what the interceptor should do in the spec document.

best regards
Rudy

Arjan Tijms

You're right Rudy, this one is far too light on the details now. At an absolute minimum we should reference the subset of the FORM mechanism description in the Servlet spec from which this functionality was extracted.

Will Hopkins

There are a number of annotations that aren't described very well. I plan to flesh those out in the PFD version of the spec.

On 06/20/2017 08:25 AM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
You're right Rudy, this one is far too light on the details now. At an absolute minimum we should reference the subset of the FORM mechanism description in the Servlet spec from which this functionality was extracted.

-- 
Will Hopkins | WebLogic Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Application Development
35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

Arjan Tijms

Sounds good.

@Rudy, you were looking at @LoginToContinue, weren't you?

Rudy De Busscher

Yes, I was looking at the code.

I wanted to understand it better, the high-level purpose was already clear for me. (from other libraries)

But, due to little server differences, the code is not really straight forward.

Hence my message that we need to describe at least the high-level flow for those people who aren't familiar with such a functionality.

Rudy

On 22 June 2017 at 20:44, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> wrote:
Sounds good.

@Rudy, you were looking at @LoginToContinue, weren't you?

Arjan Tijms

Hi

Is anyone busy describing the LoginToContinue annotation or has already done this?

If not I can add this to the Javadoc and then if needed the pdf spec text can be based on that.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Will Hopkins

I've described it (briefly) in the PDF doc. I have not updated the API annotation at all.

On 07/10/2017 12:41 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi

Is anyone busy describing the LoginToContinue annotation or has already done this?

If not I can add this to the Javadoc and then if needed the pdf spec text can be based on that.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 

Will Hopkins

FYI, I'm about to put up a PR for security-spec repo with my changes so far.

On 07/10/2017 01:25 PM, Will Hopkins wrote:
I've described it (briefly) in the PDF doc. I have not updated the API annotation at all.

On 07/10/2017 12:41 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

-- 

-- 

Arjan Tijms

Hi,

I just provided a PR for the mentioned missing description of LoginToContinue. SeeĀ https://github.com/javaee/security-spec/pull/41

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms