Topics

Moving to JavaEE Org: Are all EG/Contributors members of the JavaEE Org?

Will Hopkins

Once we move, you will need to belong to the Java EE organization at GitHub in order to make changes or (I believe) update issues.

Has everyone actively working on the project joined the Java EE organization?

I'm not part of the Java EE organization, but I think that will only be needed for administering repositories.

Who should we contact in order to join it?

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
Once we move, you will need to belong to the Java EE organization at GitHub in order to make changes or (I believe) update issues.

Has everyone actively working on the project joined the Java EE organization?

I don't think anyone of the JSR-375 EG is a member of the JavaEE organization at Github.

But you don't need to be a member to create issues and or create PR. (Only to push directly to the repository for example)

You can find some info on this page: https://github.com/blog/674-introducing-organizations

Rudy

On 6 July 2017 at 07:52, Guillermo González de Agüero <z06.guillermo@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'm not part of the Java EE organization, but I think that will only be needed for administering repositories.

Who should we contact in order to join it?

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
Once we move, you will need to belong to the Java EE organization at GitHub in order to make changes or (I believe) update issues.

Has everyone actively working on the project joined the Java EE organization?

I'm a member of the Java EE org, but it defaulted to private again. Just set it to public.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher@...> wrote:
[...]

I also did, thanks for reminding us.
Interestingly David, who is the Java EE Evangelist has his status private, too, but maybe he was not aware of it either?;-)