Topics

Prepare for Proposed Final Draft

Will Hopkins

EG:

The review period for the Public Review Draft has ended, and it's time to start preparing the Proposed Final Draft.

To that end, we need to make final decisions on open items and discuss any proposed changes. Any thoughts on how best to do that? Some of the discussions have been in email; others in issues at Soteria. (The spec JIRA issues have been migrated to the Java EE project at github.)

Do we want to meet in person to close on the final issues? I think that's a good way to ensure we're agreed, but I don't think we can fully discuss each item in person -- given the number of EG members, that would be too time consuming.

Perhaps we could try to arrive at a set of proposed final changes ahead of time, and meet to ensure we're in agreement?

I'll review the open issues and prepare an agenda/list of issues to start with. The one major issue where I think there may still be outstanding technical differences is in the area of what principals must be established by HAMs/SAMs -- I'll resend my last email, which didn't generate responses.

Any and all suggestions welcome as to how we close this down.

There's a lot that we did already, and most outstanding issues are not that big I think, but do have to be addressed.

Email discussion is probably fine. As long as everyone can to the best of their ability respond in a timely fashion that should work pretty well.

I also have some outstanding tests to add, which I'll try to do soon, as well as a small assortment of other implementation issues.

With meeting in person, do you actually mean live in person? Could be useful, but may be a challenge to get people to the same location ;)

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 8:02 PM, Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Arjan,

Actually I meant online, but all at the same time and speaking, as opposed to email.  ;)

[...]

Sounds like a good idea.
Another hangout or more if necessary.

Can people join a meeting sometime this week? What time would be good for people?

The last meeting was at 2:00pm EST on a Friday? Is that a good time? Would Thursday at 2:00pm work?

Will

On 06/23/2017 12:05 PM, Werner Keil wrote:
Sounds like a good idea.
Another hangout or more if necessary.

2pm Pacific?

At least for me that would work. Thursday maybe even a bit better, but Friday might also work.

Werner

Ivar Grimstad

2:00pm EST (or EDT now) == 8:00pm CEST, or 20:00 as we would say it :)
Thursday works fine for me.

Ivar

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
2pm Pacific?

At least for me that would work. Thursday maybe even a bit better, but Friday might also work.

Java Champion, JCP EC/EG Member, JUG Leader

I'm booked full for Thursday, but Friday would work. 20:00 CEST is perfect.

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@...> wrote:
2:00pm EST (or EDT now) == 8:00pm CEST, or 20:00 as we would say it :)
Thursday works fine for me.

Ivar

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
2pm Pacific?

At least for me that would work. Thursday maybe even a bit better, but Friday might also work.

Java Champion, JCP EC/EG Member, JUG Leader

Thursday is the only option for me, Friday I'm unavailable.

Best regards
Rudy

On 5 July 2017 at 18:33, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'm booked full for Thursday, but Friday would work. 20:00 CEST is perfect.

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@...> wrote:
2:00pm EST (or EDT now) == 8:00pm CEST, or 20:00 as we would say it :)
Thursday works fine for me.

Ivar

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
2pm Pacific?

At least for me that would work. Thursday maybe even a bit better, but Friday might also work.

Java Champion, JCP EC/EG Member, JUG Leader

Arjan Tijms

What about Thursday 21:00 CEST? I have another call till 20:45, so with a small safety margin 21:00 should be doable for me then.

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher@...> wrote:
Hi,

Thursday is the only option for me, Friday I'm unavailable.

Best regards
Rudy

On 5 July 2017 at 18:33, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'm booked full for Thursday, but Friday would work. 20:00 CEST is perfect.

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@...> wrote:
2:00pm EST (or EDT now) == 8:00pm CEST, or 20:00 as we would say it :)
Thursday works fine for me.

Ivar

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
2pm Pacific?

At least for me that would work. Thursday maybe even a bit better, but Friday might also work.

Java Champion, JCP EC/EG Member, JUG Leader

Will Hopkins

21:00 CEST/ 3:00pm EDT works for me.

I'll schedule it for then.