Topics

Publishing snapshots?

I wonder if snapshots are already published again after every commit. Currently this doesn't happen anymore, so the CI tests unfortunately don't work anymore either.

That's quite unfortunate. Especially for a new JSR that hopes for adoption by container vendors as soon as possible;-/
Last time it was published is over 2 weeks ago: https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/snapshots/javax/security/enterprise/javax.security.enterprise-api/1.0-b07-SNAPSHOT/

Can't say what java.net now requires to automate it after the site officially went away?
It worked well on Bintray from a CI server. Other 1.0 JSRs under Java EE 8 like JSON-B do this on a regular basis to Eclipse: https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/yasson-snapshots/org/eclipse/yasson/

Kind Regards,

It's unfortunate indeed. Maybe it was better to wait with removing bintray snapshots till the snapshots/CI that Will had in mind were actually in place.

On the short term I think I may be able to make the CI (Travis) work again by adding the bintray repo back to Soteria, so Soteria can fetch the snapshots from bintray again.

WDYT?

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
That's quite unfortunate. Especially for a new JSR that hopes for adoption by container vendors as soon as possible;-/
Last time it was published is over 2 weeks ago: https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/snapshots/javax/security/enterprise/javax.security.enterprise-api/1.0-b07-SNAPSHOT/

Can't say what java.net now requires to automate it after the site officially went away?
It worked well on Bintray from a CI server. Other 1.0 JSRs under Java EE 8 like JSON-B do this on a regular basis to Eclipse: https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/yasson-snapshots/org/eclipse/yasson/

Kind Regards,

We cannot remove what's under
http://oss.jfrog.org/libs-snapshot/javax/security/enterprise/javax.security.enterprise-api/

Only stop deploying, but there should be deployments to another snapshot instead and Soteria as well as other artifacts (e.g. demos or independent implementations) must know which additional snapshot repos to use (only MavenCentral/Sonatype will be done by default)

Kind Regards,

In this case though, it's just a matter of entering the bintray repo in the pom.xml of soteria again, so it can find the snapshot of API.

Currently it fails on not being able to find the API snapshot.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
We cannot remove what's under
http://oss.jfrog.org/libs-snapshot/javax/security/enterprise/javax.security.enterprise-api/

Only stop deploying, but there should be deployments to another snapshot instead and Soteria as well as other artifacts (e.g. demos or independent implementations) must know which additional snapshot repos to use (only MavenCentral/Sonatype will be done by default)

Kind Regards,

I had hoped to have regular snapshot publishing in place by now. I'll check into what's going on. We should not be publishing anything to bintray.

On 07/03/2017 08:55 AM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
In this case though, it's just a matter of entering the bintray repo in the pom.xml of soteria again, so it can find the snapshot of API.

Currently it fails on not being able to find the API snapshot.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
We cannot remove what's under
http://oss.jfrog.org/libs-snapshot/javax/security/enterprise/javax.security.enterprise-api/

Only stop deploying, but there should be deployments to another snapshot instead and Soteria as well as other artifacts (e.g. demos or independent implementations) must know which additional snapshot repos to use (only MavenCentral/Sonatype will be done by default)

Kind Regards,

As long as it works either one is fine.

Every milestone release also gets mirrored to Bintray/JCenter (not sure about the java.net snapshot repo though, I have not used it for quite a while)

Will Hopkins

API and RI are both building and just published snapshots for both.