Java EE 8 - Release Date

Josh Juneau

Hi Linda/All,

Hope all is well.  Earlier this week, Mark Reinhold posted an email proposing to move the release date of JDK 9 back to September 21 (http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2017-May/005864.html).  As such, do you believe that the proposed delay would have any impact on the release date of Java EE 8?

Since Java EE 8 is going to align with Java SE 8, I imagine that there should be no major technical impact if Java EE 8 were released prior to Java SE 9, but I'm just not certain of Oracle's release plan.

Thanks for your time and insight, it is appreciated.

Thanks
Josh Juneau
juneau001@...