Re: Application Client and Security 1.0?

Arjan Tijms

Hi Kevin,

I know nothing about support for the Application Client Container and Java EE Security. To be honest, I don't know much about the ACC at all, but doesn't it work via a kind of automatic remote EJB?

At the very least, JASPIC nor Java EE Security have any kind of support for remote EJB. This was discussed, but because of resources constraints in the JSR 375 EG as well as the deemphasis of (remote) EJB and the ACC we decided not to pursue standardisation for the 1.0 release of the Java EE Security API.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms