Re: RMI-IIOP proposed optional

Bill Shannon

Jens Engel wrote on 08/ 4/17 02:34 AM:
Hi Bill,

thanks for your answer.

I know that there are new ways for building applications but - well - there are existing applications which cannot easily be transformed into this direction - and I reckon that there are domains where classical data consistency requirements still apply.
Right, which is why I expect many Java EE vendors will be supporting these technologies for quite some time, even after they become optional.

Where do I have to "file this issue" (clarification that declaring RMI-IIOP as optional does not mean dropping requirements for transactional remoting) officially, so it will be considered in the work for future Java EE specs?
Java EE issue tracker
EJB issue tracker