Re: Request for Maven Java EE 8 artifact

Bill Shannon

The Maven project that builds the API jar file does so by recompiling all the javax.* source files.  Because some of these source files have static dependencies on non-javax.* classes, those classes are needed when compiling.  Those other classes are not included in the API jar file.

Is this causing a problem for you, or does it just seem weird?

Guillermo González de Agüero wrote on 08/22/17 08:44 AM:

Excuse me all for flooding.

The JSF dependency I was seeing is Mojarra implementation, which I don't think belongs there:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.faces</artifactId>
<version>2.3.1</version>
<scope>compile</scope>
<optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

That's present in both the web and full poms. I guess that one can be removed and then only a javax.* JavaMail would be needed.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El mar., 22 de agosto de 2017 17:40, Guillermo González de Agüero <z06.guillermo@...> escribió:
Sorry Lukas, didn't look at the content of the POM. Looks like you already took care of this. That's just great.

I see some implementation APIs there though for JSF and JavaMail. Could that APIs be also uploaded to Maven Central as you did with JPA (btw, that one also needs to be updated on the Pom)?

Thanks a lot for this Lukas.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El mar., 22 de agosto de 2017 17:31, Guillermo González de Agüero <z06.guillermo@...> escribió:
Thanks, now I see.

The last one seems to be from June. Could you please consider mi suggestion about the artifact layout?

Regards,

El mar., 22 de agosto de 2017 17:11, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@...> escribió:
On 8/22/17 12:25 PM, Guillermo González de Agüero wrote:
> I can't see it on
> https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/snapshots/javax/ and I
> haven't heard of any snapshots being published. I thought that would
> need to wait until all specs were final.

try https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/promoted/javax/javaee-api/

thanks,
--lukas