Re: Platform wide guideline for build-in annotation literals?

Michael Remijan

I'd say if there is an umbrella spec with these kinds of annotations then then it must be a requirement for the other specs to implement them.  Otherwise, leave the annotations within the individual specs so that it's more clear that the annotation only applies to code in that spec.  Once you move it to an umbrella spec, I'd just naturally assume it's able to be used anywhere.

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 6:45:08 AM CDT, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> wrote:

Hi,

CDI 2.0 introduced a number of very convenient build-in annotation literals, for many of the annotations it owns and for some it doesn't own (JSR 330).

See: http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html#built_in_annotation_literals

I think something like this would be a prime candidate for an umbrella spec guideline so:

1. All specs do this for their relevant annotations (e.g. @Transactional in JTA, @ViewScoped in JSF, @RememberMe in Security, @Named in AtInject, etc)
2. All specs do this in a consistent way

Thoughts?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms