Topics

Java EE 9?

Arjan Tijms

Hi Linda,

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> wrote:
I wonder if there aren't any direct plans to file an update for some Java EE constituent JSRs soon whether some of them might be eligible for a transfer to interested community members and/or foundations? I'm thinking along the lines of MVC which was transferred to Ivar.

Just a friendly ping since it has been almost a week. Would really like to hear your thoughts on the above.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

That way for some of the JSRs that are perhaps less important to Oracle planning can already start and the overal burden of Oracle having to work on so many JSRs could possibly be reduced.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@...> wrote:

Right now our focus has been entirely on completing Java EE 8 and
our deliverables for Java SE 9, and we hope to deliver them later this
summer.  Needless to say, the migration off of java.net has made our
target deadlines quite challenging.  I expect we will have more to
say about our overall Java strategy and plans at JavaOne following
Java EE 8 and Java SE 9 delivery.

-Linda

On 5/25/17, 4:26 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi,

During last JavaOne I somewhat got the impression (but may have
interpreted it wrongly), that the work for Java EE 9 would more or less
start in parallel with finalising Java EE 8.

Since Java EE 8 is now being being finalised, I wonder what the Java EE
9 plans are at this moment. If it's indeed to be released in about a
year after the Java EE 8 release, then shouldn't some JSRs start pretty
soon now?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Arjan Tijms

[...]