Topics

Location of downloadable files?

Kevin Sutter

Excellent, Bill!  Thanks for that link.  I agree that we need that link somewhere more obvious.

--  Kevin

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...> wrote:
All the downloads from our original java.net project are still available in the GitHub repository here.  I should probably add a link from the web site to make it more obvious.

Kevin Sutter wrote on 06/ 6/17 07:13 AM:
Hi Linda,
Where can we get access to downloadable files?  The current groups.io repo doesn't have any files (https://javaee.groups.io/g/javaee-spec/files).  And, if I try to go to our old repo on java.net (https://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/downloads), we are no longer allowed access.  Not only am I interested in the early drafts of the Java EE 8 specs, javadocs, schemas, etc, but also the older versions.

Thanks, Kevin

Bill Shannon

Note that the schemas are in GitHub here.

Kevin Sutter wrote on 06/ 6/17 11:29 AM:

Thanks, Linda.  Do we expect any early versions of the schemas before the Java EE 8 spec finalizes?  I wouldn't expect too many changes, just looking ahead...  Thanks.

-- Kevin

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 11:19 am, Linda DeMichiel wrote:
http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/javaee/index.html

Bill Shannon

All the downloads from our original java.net project are still available in the GitHub repository here.  I should probably add a link from the web site to make it more obvious.

Kevin Sutter wrote on 06/ 6/17 07:13 AM:

Hi Linda,
Where can we get access to downloadable files?  The current groups.io repo doesn't have any files (https://javaee.groups.io/g/javaee-spec/files).  And, if I try to go to our old repo on java.net (https://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/downloads), we are no longer allowed access.  Not only am I interested in the early drafts of the Java EE 8 specs, javadocs, schemas, etc, but also the older versions.

Thanks, Kevin

Linda DeMichiel

Since some specs are still evolving, I would expect this closer to the end.

-Linda

On 6/6/17, 11:29 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Thanks, Linda.  Do we expect any early versions of the schemas before the Java EE 8 spec finalizes?  I wouldn't expect too many changes, just looking ahead...  Thanks.

-- Kevin

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 11:19 am, Linda DeMichiel wrote:
http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/javaee/index.html

Kevin Sutter

Thanks, Linda.  Do we expect any early versions of the schemas before the Java EE 8 spec finalizes?  I wouldn't expect too many changes, just looking ahead...  Thanks.

-- Kevin

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 11:19 am, Linda DeMichiel wrote:
http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/javaee/index.html

Linda DeMichiel

Hi Kevin,

The downloadables from our old projects have not yet been migrated.  I believe that will happen at
some point this summer.

All milestone spec drafts can be found on the JCP JSR pages (e.g., https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=366).
Schema files are here: http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/javaee/index.html

hth,