Topics

Java EE 8 dependency JTA issue on modulepath

Guillermo González de Agüero

Hi,

Doing some testing with Java modules, I found the Java EE 8 API has a splitted package problem on JTA. This was fixed on a JTA MR but it was done after Java EE 8 went final [1].

This is only a problem when the old JTA dependency is put on the module path.

We still have a long road before Jakarta EE publishes its first version. Is it possible to get a Java EE 8.0.1 API release updating this dependency?

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

Bill Shannon

GlassFish 5.0.1 will use JTA 1.3.  The current development release includes this change.

We're not planning to publish new versions of the API jar files since this doesn't change the effective API used when compiling programs.

In what scenario are you concerned about updating this dependency?