JavaMail 1.6.0 Release Candidate 2

Bill Shannon

Welcome to the new home of JavaMail at GitHub and groups.io!

A second "release candidate" version of JavaMail 1.6.0 is now available.
There's a few bug fixes relative to the rc1 release related to the UTF-8
support.

At this point, I expect NO changes for the final release.

The 1.6.0 release contains API improvements, bug fixes, and enhancements,
including the following significant changes:

- Use of Java generics in most APIs
- Support for internationalized email addresses (RFC 6530/6531/6532)
- Support for SMTP CHUNKING (RFC 3030)
- Support for connecting through web proxy servers

The full list of changes is in the file CHANGES.txt, viewable in the
source code repository here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/javaee/javamail/master/doc/release/CHANGES.txt

The API changes in JavaMail 1.6 are described here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/javaee/javamail/master/doc/spec/JavaMail-1.6-changes.txt

The JavaMail 1.6 specification Maintenance Review is now underway at the JCP:
https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=919
The ballot will finish on July 10. Assuming it passes, I expect to produce
the final JavaMail 1.6.0 release shortly thereafter.

The JavaMail javax.mail-1.6.0-rc2.jar file is available in the java.net
Maven Repository starting here:
https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/public/com/sun/mail/javax.mail/
It is also available from the Maven Central repository.

You'll find the source code for this version in the repository
of the JavaMail project on GitHub:
https://javaee.github.io/javamail

Please send feedback to javamail_ww@....

Enjoy!