JavaMail 1.6.1 release and move to the Eclipse Foundation

Bill Shannon

As you're probably aware, Oracle is in the process of moving all of our
Java EE projects to the EE4J project [1] at the Eclipse Foundation.

We expect to submit a project proposal for the Eclipse Project for JavaMail
very soon. One of the first steps in moving the project to the Eclipse
Foundation is to bring the current project to a stable state and produce
a release.

I will be finalizing the JavaMail 1.6.1 release next week. Subsequent
releases will be made from the Eclipse Project for JavaMail.

I'll provide further updates as the move to EE4J progresses.

Bill

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j