module-info or not module-info..

we originally intended to include compiled module-info to JAX-RS API jar. Original plan was to prepare a release on final or "almost" final Java SE 9 compliant JDK.

As you might know, Java SE 9 was postponed and the JAX-RS release will most likely happen before that date.

Should we include compiled module-info, even when the compilation was done by early access build of JDK 9? I would believe that there won't be any change in the bytecode format, but it could happen..

From my point of view, it might be better to NOT include compiled module-info now and (if demanded), release JAX-RS 2.1.1 (or something like that) with updated API jar.

Any thoughts/comments?