From: "Markus KARG" <markus@...>
Sent by: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io
To: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaxrs] module-info or not module-info..
Date: Fri, Jun 2, 2017 11:26 AM

Looking at all the trouble I had with diverse Java 9 pre-releases in the past months, I really think it would be wise to completely ignore Java 9 for now. At the time of releasing JAX-RS 2.1 current Java SE still will be 8. Target platforms for JAX-RS 2.1 are Java SE 8 and Java EE 8. So I do neither see a need nor any real benefit for prematurely supporting Java SE 9. It would imply a risk, even if a small one, so we should abstain from that.

It think it would be wise also, not to include Java SE 9 support in JAX-RS 2.1.1. Instead, we should plan to provide Java 9 support in JAX-RS 3, but right now start to work on that once JAX-RS 2.1 is released.