Re: module-info or not module-info..

I fully agree to the comments already posted. Including a compiled module-info now seems to be too risky. JAX-RS should wait for some recommendation from the umbrella spec before integrating module-info.

As I recall there were some discussion on the javaee-spec mailinglist (java.net) in May regarding standardzing the module names for the Java EE specs in Java EE 9.
So it may be a bit premature to include it now as it may change then depending on how that goes.

Ivar

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:55 PM Andy McCright <andymc@...> wrote:
I agree that we should not ship the module-info in 2.1.

I do think it is important that JAX-RS 2.1 should function in Java 9 out-of-the-box though.  So, I would advise a wait-and-see approach for whether to include a module-info for a 2.1.1 maintenance release.  If JPMS is on by default when Java 9 ships, I would be in favor of including it in the maintenance release.

Thanks,

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development