Re: CDI integration

I think this all is a question of the time frame so application programmers and container providers can plan the migration.

Proposal:

* JAX-RS 2.1: Container MAY provide CDI, but MUST be 100% backwards compatible.

* JAX-RS 2.2: Container SHOULD provide CDI, but MUST be 100% backwards compatible.

* JAX-RS 2.3: Container MUST provide CDI, but MUST be 100% backwards compatible; Old DI is marked as deprecated.

* JAX-RS 2.4: Container MUST provide CDI, but MAY still provide old annotations; Old DI is marked as deprecated and pruning date is told (JAX-RS 3.0).

* JAX-RS 3.0: Container MUST provide CDI, but SHOULD NOT still provide old annotations; Old DI is officially pruned.

* JAX-RS 3.1: Container MUST provide CDI, but MUST NOT still provide old annotations; Old DI is finally gone.

-Markus