Re: module-info or not module-info..

Gunnar Morling

One option to consider is to add the "Automatic-Module-Name" header to the spec JAR's MANIFEST.MF.

This header entry is foreseen by JPMS (some background) to specify a module name, should a non-modularized JAR be used as an automatic module (instead of deriving a module name from the JAR file name). The change for this hasn't landed int the latest JDK 9 preview release yet (b172 at the time of writing), but once it will, we'd make use of this for Bean Validation. I don't think there's any risk of adding this header, esp. it can be done while building with Java 8.