Re: Status update

Pavel Bucek

Hi Gunnar,

I'm sorry to say that, but I don't think that proposal is viable.

What if the app (BV layer) knows Locales L1 and L2 and the user (request) asks for L3;q=0.9, L2;q=0.5, L1;q=0.1. In the latest version of the proposal, L3 will be chosen - what happens when L3 is passed to BV?

Producing an error? Using a default Locale? Neither is a good behavior, L2 should be selected. I haven't seen anything in BV which would return set of supported locales..

Also, the selected locale (whatever it is), should be made available to JAX-RS application, so it can work with that further if needed. We don't have anything like that now. Not to mention that the selection process might need to be pluggable.

Last but not least - we would need to define how is the selected Locale used in whole context of JAX-RS application, which might sound easier as it is.

Best regards,
Pavel

On 05/06/2017 10:06, Gunnar Morling via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Pavel,

Any chance for considering the latest proposal for passing the
(highest-quality) request locale to Bean Validation?

Thanks,

--Gunnar

as you might have noticed, we dealt with several small issues in the past
couple of weeks. Notable ones:

- @Priority for providers
- JSON-B integration update
- Introduction of JSON-P integration
- HTTP PATCH support on the server (client side was just reverted)
- CompletionStage can be returned from the resource method
- Response API: AutoCloseable + Status#asEnum
- Support for new HTTP Status codes

Etc.

Complete list of closed issues:

https://github.com/jax-rs/api/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+sort%3Aupdated-desc

API commits:

https://github.com/jax-rs/api/commits/master

Spec commits:

https://github.com/jax-rs/spec/commits/master

If you have any questions or suggestions about changes we've made, please
let us know.

We are going to release another API milestone build soon and it will be most
likely last milestone before submitting Proposed Final Draft.