Re: Proposed Final Draft

Andy McCright

Hi Pavel,

If it is not too late, I'm wondering if we could clarify the uses of ClientBuilder.executorService(...) and scheduledExecutorService(...).

Are we saying that in a Java EE environment, these methods have no effect?  If so, can we change this text:
When running in a Java EE container, implementations are required to use the container-managed executor service.

to:
When running in a Java EE container, this method will have no effect.  The container will always use the container-managed executor service.

and a similar change for the executorService method?

If instead we are saying that in a Java EE container, the default ES and SES are different than in Java SE, we should clarify it like this:
When running in a Java EE container, the default scheduled executor service will be the container-managed service.  In Java SE, this will be the ForkJoinPool service.

I think we should also clarify what methods will use these services.  The javadoc currently provides some guidance with:
     * @see Invocation.Builder#async()
     * @see Invocation.Builder#rx()
     * @see RxInvokerProvider#getRxInvoker(SyncInvoker, ExecutorService)
and
     * @see SseEventSource.Builder#reconnectingEvery(long, TimeUnit)

but what about Future objects returned from methods like buildGet().submit(...)?

Thanks,

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development