Re: ClientBuilder#executorService

Guillermo González de Agüero

Hi,

Perhaps this is a naive question, but how is the "managed" executor service handled on the Web Profile? Does "managed" mean that it must use a JSR 236 executor, or does it just refer to any "container managed" one?

The Web Profile does not include JSR 236, hence my question.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El jue., 18 de mayo de 2017 17:37, Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek@...> escribió:
Dear experts,

please let me know if you find anything wrong with following statements:

on Java EE container:

     - JAX-RS client will use ManagedExecutorService for async/reactive
calls unless set explicitly by ClientBuilder#executorService

on Java SE:

     - JAX-RS client will use undefined, implementation specific
ExecutorService for async/reactive call, unless set explicitly by
ClientBuilder#executorService