Re: Clarification of Configuration.getClasses() behavior

Due to the fact that Jersey is the RI and RESTEasy is not, what Jersey does is inherently correct, and what RESTEasy does is not. ;-)

-Markus

From: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io [mailto:jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christian Kaltepoth
Sent: Samstag, 26. August 2017 16:30
To: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io
Subject: [jaxrs] Clarification of Configuration.getClasses() behavior

Hey all,

I've quick question. The javadocs of Configuration.getClasses() state:

Get the immutable set of registered JAX-RS component (such as provider or feature) classes to be instantiated, injected and utilized in the scope of the configurable instance. For each component type, there can be only a single class-based or instance-based registration present in the configuration context at any given time.

My question is whether the returned set of classes is supposed to contain resource classes or not.

I'm asking this because Jersey seems to return resources but RESTEasy doesn't.

Any thoughts about that?

Thanks

Christian

PS: Congratulations for delivering JAX-RS 2.1!