Re: Clarification of Configuration.getClasses() behavior

Pavel Bucek

I'd guess Configuration#getClasses() needs clarification.

To be honest, for me, it mirrors Application#getClasses(), but on the runtime side (so I'd say that it can contain more classes than what Application#getClasses() returns).

But I can't get that info from the javadoc. When I compare Application#getClasses() and Configuration#getClasses(), it almost seems that (root) resource classes are excluded, because they are explicitly mentioned on the Application method, but not mentioned on the Configuration version of that.

It also seems like this question uncovered possible hole in the TCK. Too bad that this hasn't arrived two months ago.

Let me discuss that with Santiago and Marek and get back to you (so we'll know the original intention), but unfortunately I can advice only to file an issue against the spec (https://github.com/jax-rs/api/issues), since the answer should be present in Configuration javadoc.

On 28/08/2017 13:52, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
Hi Pavel

Thanks

For the record, in Configuration.getClasses(), on the server side, CXF returns the Application.getClasses() if Application is available, empty set otherwise. I suspect it may need to be improved somehow, I found it quite difficult at a time to implement Configuration API...

Thanks Sergey and +1 to that statement ;)

On 28/08/2017 10:56, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
Putting aside the fact RI is obviously of high quality, the following may shock you but: RI may also have bugs, some of them related to the interpretation of the spec/API...

Sergey

On 27/08/17 10:37, Markus KARG wrote:

Due to the fact that Jersey is the RI and RESTEasy is not, what Jersey does is inherently correct, and what RESTEasy does is not. ;-)

-Markus