Re: JAX-RS 2.1 released!

Sergey Beryozkin

I have the feeling that all CDI experts in this group want is to go total CDI and spend a good portion of the next cycle's time
on getting everything injected really really well the CDI way, way better then it is already possible now, and ignore (or leave little time for) everything else that can actually inspire application developers do something new and cool in JAX-RS. While I agree that CDI-aware users should have more options to make all the bootstrapping process neater, CDI work is really not something that should take over everything else. It would take months do it right and in the end all JAX-RS users get is that they will probably be able to use JAX-RS with CDI only and no any new major features otherwise...

My preference would be for the group to go totally ballistic on doing better Reactive, Async, NIO. Make it really really well and spend all the time if the needed on this action only.

Sergey

On 24/08/17 20:09, Arjan Tijms wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:09 am, Markus KARG wrote:
Congratulations! When do we start with JAX-RS 2.2? ;-)
Good question indeed. I'd say that even without a JSR we can already discuss our wishlists, can't we?

My nr 1 item; further or even totally integrate with CDI ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan