Re: Clarification regarding ManagedExecutorService in Rx Client

Andy,

as much as I would love to work on JAX-RS 2.1.1, 2.2 or 3.0, actually this is impossible at the moment. The reason is that JAX-RS is to be migrated from Oracle to the Eclipse Foundation. At the moment, it is unclear under which conditions and in what timeframe a maintenance release of the JAX-RS Specification PDF could be published. Also at the moment, it is unclear if such a maintenance release would be standardized by the JCP, or by a different organization. I am sorry not to be able to give a better answer, but it is all in the hands of Oracle's lawyers and the PMC still.

I have CC'ed IBM's PMC member Kevin Suter. Maybe he has an updated schedule on this he is willing to share with you.

Regarding the question itself, the JAX-RS specification does not make any assumptions upon invoking users. In particular, a scenario where three users  / three threads share and extend one single "fiber" is not part of JAX-RS. Hence, the specification leaves this open intentionally but just says that context capture "has to work". Could you elaborate how such a scenario could look like, where three threads invoked by three different users have access to the same "fiber"?

-Markus

EG JSR 370