Re: Returning CompletionStage from the resource method

Pavel Bucek

Hi Sergey,

ad 1) the response processing will be done on the caller (completer) thread (so, completionStage#whenComplete(..), not #whenCompleteAsync(..)), simply because it works in a same way as when using AsyncResponse.

ad 2) good idea. I'm not sure whether we'll be able to do that now, but could you please file an issue? https://github.com/jax-rs/api/issues

On 21/05/2017 13:47, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

Hi Pavel

I'd leave it up to the implementation to decide.

The other thing I was thinking about. On the client side we have RxInvoker which supports not only CompletableFuture. Should we have something like RxResponse such that not only CompletableFuture is supported ?

Thanks, Sergey