Re: Providers ordering

We should not mix up concerns here. @Priority should only beak tie. Whether or not to choose built-in vs. application-provided should be separately declarable. For example, in case A it might make sense that an appliation provides a simplistic fallback provider just in case the JAX-RS implementation does not provide support for a particular feature (like PDF support for example). On the other hand, the application might want to provide a superior, really-expensive, full-monty provider for PDF, which shall always override a possible existing built-in one. This example showcases that it MUST be up to the application programmer to declare precedence. But I won't use @Priority for that. It should be a separate annotation.