From: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io [mailto:jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io] On Behalf Of Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2017 16:02
To: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaxrs] Providers ordering

On May 25, 2017, at 2:41 AM, Markus KARG <markus@...> wrote:

I do not see that we cannot change this. If we decide that a new, optional annotation will modify the precedence, this would be perfectly backwards compatible, as all non-annotated code will still work correctly.

 By an annotation you mean something like @PreferBuiltinProviders? I don’t see how that addresses the requirements outlined in JIRA 537.

— Santiago