Re: Built-in proxy support in Client API?

Andy McCright

Yeah, I think that makes sense.  So maybe instead of new methods on the Client/ClientBuilder we could add the following properties to Client:

public static final String PROXY_HOST_PROPERTY = "javax.ws.rs.client.http.proxy.host";
public static final String PROXY_PORT_PROPERTY = "javax.ws.rs.client.http.proxy.port";
public static final String PROXY_BASIC_AUTH_USERNAME_PROPERTY = "javax.ws.rs.client.http.proxy.auth.username";
public static final String PROXY_BASIC_AUTH_PASSWORD_PROPERTY = "javax.ws.rs.client.http.proxy.auth.password";

Assuming we have consensus, do we want to add this as part of Dennis's pull request[1], or should I create a new one?

Thanks,

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development